I know last month I said that Spring was here. But then it snowed. So I lied. Oops! Sorry about that.
But now it’s May and I can almost, positively, absolutely, categorically, guarantee that it won’t snow this month.
At least I hope it doesn’t.
Anyway, it better not, because May is a busy, busy month for us:
· Friday the 3rd, Arza leads services on Yom Yerushalayim (Jerusalem Day).
· Sunday the 5th (besides Cinco de Mayo) is the joint breakfast and meeting of the
Women of PTBAS & the Brotherhood. NYC Councilman David Greenfield will be speaking.
· Don’t forget Mother’s Day on the 12th .
· Shavuot is here! Services on Tuesday night the 14th and Wednesday morning the 15th
(and don’t forget the Dinner before services on the 14th!)
· Our Musical Gala is on Saturday the 18th.
· Memorial Day weekend (break out those barbecues!) comes on the last weekend of the month (24th-27th) and….
· Please don’t forget our Semi-Annual Congregational Meeting on Tuesday May 28th.
There are no special votes scheduled at this meeting, but all congregants should make every effort to attend—if, for nothing else, than to keep current on all the great stuff that’s happening at Temple.
A few more related things.
I’ll bring this up at the Congregational Meeting and I’ll mention them again in the June issue of the Voice; but they’re important and I don’t want it to come as a shock to anyone, so I want to keep repeating them:
· Our fiscal year ends on June 30th. Please have all your past due charges paid up by then. Please have a little rachmones on the financial staff by being current. It makes everyone’s job that much easier.
· Also, if you’re not paid up in full by the High Holidays (which come early this year!) it will get embarrassing when it’s time for tickets to be mailed out. Please! Don’t make a hard job any tougher. And last, but not least –
· If you have been on dues reduction this past year, don’t assume it will automatically be renewed for the coming year. It won’t. All requests for dues reductions must be reapplied for in the coming year. Please talk to me on or soon after July 1.